At the Wright Group, we really care about the environment and we closely monitor everything we do in our operations to find ways to do them more sustainably.We look at everything from consumables, waste, the type of menus and even the ink we use! We look at how customers travel to our venues and even visitor experiences to our local villages and towns in general. As increasing numbers of people seek the beauty and enjoyment from outdoor recreation, our collective mark on the environment and its natural processes increases. Litter, disturbance to vegetation, water pollution, wildlife, and other people are all indicators of the need to develop a national ethos that protects both natural and cultural heritage.
Our Green InitiativesTo do our part for the environment we have adopted the following initiatives;
- Each weekend in our coastal towns, we have a litter team at the end of each shift to help tidy up rubbish left behind, playing our part in the Leave No Trace Campaign.
- Sustainable transport – we offer a 10% discount to customers who show us they’ve cycled or travelled by boat to our premises in Howth. http://www.dublinbaycruises.com and https://www.bleeperactive.com/
- We use compostable straws throughout our venues.
- We have eradicated single-use condiment sachets in the group.
- We promote the use of reusable cups in all our premises in line with the Conscious Cup Campaign
- Most of our administration has moved to cloud-based services to help reduce the amount of paper we use.
- We use recyclable and compostable takeaway containers.
- In Marqette, Dublin Airport, as per an EU Directive, the EU Plastics Strategy, plastic products including cutlery, plates, straws and beverage stirrers will be banned from July 2021.
- When sourcing products we try to buy Irish where ever possible to keep our carbon footprint as small as possible. Our coffee for example is roasted in Dun Laoghaire.
- We use brown compost bins in all our outlets.
- We are fully behind the refund deposit scheme and are committing to footing the cost of 5000 units of bottles/cans collected on its trial weekend in Howth.
We work closely with VOICE, The Conscious Cup Campaign, Howth Tourism, and Fingal County Council in order to keep doing better with our green initiatives. Voice Ireland, The Conscious Cup, Visit Howth, Fingal County Council,